Pediatric dentistry is a branch of dentistry that treats children for any dental issues. It is dedicated to the oral health of children including the child’s teeth, gums, and the mouth. This stream of dentistry involves controls, strategies, and methods that are adapted and adjusted to the prerequisites of babies, youngsters, youths, and those with special health care needs. We understand the unique sensitivity required to handle children during their treatment. While this is a softer aspect of our skills, we are also highly equipped to handle the tender gums and soft teeth of the little ones. So rest assured that your child is entirely in safe and very capable hands for their dental treatments.
What types of treatments do Pediatric dentists provide?
Pediatric dentists provide comprehensive oral health care for infants till teens that include the following:
- Oral health examination for infants that consists of a complete risk assessment for dental caries in mother and child.
- We run a comprehensive preventive dental care check including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations for the child
- An early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulum, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
Children might require space maintainers if they lose a tooth early or have a primary baby tooth extracted due to dental decay. With either case scenario, space maintainers work well to support empty spaces and don’t let the existing teeth become weak.