Laser dentistry is a minimally invasive option mostly used when a patient is facing a cavity treatment, gum surgery or any other oral issues. We use lasers, i.e. focused light beams on altering or removing tissues in small amounts.. Dentists across the world use lasers in a variety of treatments inside the mouth – it could be to reshape gums, whiten teeth and remove unwanted tissues. Laser treatment is also ideal for children who become anxious or afraid when having dental work done. Overall, the usage of lasers in dentistry is beneficial, safe and painless in the procedures.
What are the benefits of laser dentistry?
There are several advantages of laser dentistry as it is an easy and practically a painless procedure. It allows the patient to relax and go through the necessity of the dental treatment. Add to that it reduces discomfort and the healing time for the patient. All in all, it is a highly recommended treatment methodology given the multiple advantages it comes with.
- After the treatment, patients are less likely to require sutures
- Before a typical procedure, anesthesia is administered to a patient, however, for a laser treatment, it may not be necessary.
- Laser treatment is very accurate, there is very little or no damage to the surrounding tissue.
- Due to this methodology, tissues regeneration is much faster.
- There is much less damage to gums and therefore, this treatment entails a much shorter healing time.
- One of the most significant advantages of the laser dentistry treatment is that the patient doesn’t encounter the discomfort and post-operation disturbance as could be the case in a typical surgical procedure.