Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices that are cemented into existing implants or teeth which can only be only be removed by a dentist. From that perspective, they are a long-term solution to strengthening and protecting your teeth. Dental Crown fundamentally protects the tooth structure and can also improve the aesthetics and appearance of the tooth. Bridges, on the other, hand are commonly used to replace a missing tooth by getting support for the adjacent teeth.
When should you consider getting a crown?
A crown is used to cover or to “cap” a damaged tooth. On the one hand it strengthens the damaged tooth, on the other hand, it also improves the appearance, shape or alignment. The remarkable feature of a crown is also that the color of the crown can be matched to the natural color of your teeth for an aesthetic appearance.
Your dentist may recommend a crown to you in the below situations:
- When your teeth are becoming discolored, transparent or weak. The crown can protect a weak tooth from fracturing.
- If there are visible cracks or fractures in your teeth, a crown can be used to restore it.
- If your tooth is decayed then, the crown treatment may be the suitable option for you.
- When a dental implant needs to be covered.
- When a tooth which has undergone a Root Canal Treatment ( RCT ) has to be covered.
- All crowns & bridges in our clinic are made using CAD | CAM (Computer aided designing | milling)
- We offer Gold, Metal, Metal fuse ceramic (PFM), Full ceramic (Emax), Zirconia Crowns & Bridges.
- We offer Guarantees ranging from 5 years to 20 years depending on the type of material used.
What is the procedure for getting a Dental Crown?
Getting a dental crown is a basic treatment. The first step in the procedure is when the dentist will take a complete assessment of the teeth/tooth. Post that the teeth will be prepared and then the temporary crown will be inserted. Meanwhile, the final crown will be constructed and finally added to the affected tooth/ teeth.
When is a bridge recommended?
A dental bridge is recommended by the dentist to fill space instead of missing teeth so that the normal shape and structure of the face stays intact or the empty spaces don’t disturb the speech or confidence of the patient. A bridge is also highly recommended to hold the remaining teeth together, so the gaps due to the missing teeth do not weaken the teeth structure.
What is the dental bridge procedure?
A dental bridge is a prosthesis, i.e. an artificial tooth connected to a set of crowns used to fill a gap. There are several types of dental bridges available, the choice of which is entirely dependent on your teeth type. A bridge is suitable in zones where the teeth on either side of the gap have been filled and would profit by rebuilding with crowns. We usually examine the patient for multiple possibilities before we recommend the dental bridge procedure.
We at Dr. Laud’s Clinic are a trusted and a reliable name for over a decade in creating long lasting, efficient, painless, natural looking crowns and bridges. We are well established in Mumbai as the fore runner in providing high quality, international standard treatment and care in a cost effective, pocket friendly budget. Due to this we have an increasingly growing global clientele who are our loyalist.